Monday 20 June 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donna Mayhew and Michael Corbett in Collingwood.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Three Steps To Heaven by Eddie Cochran was in the top 5 hits.
House of Usher, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1960!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1960 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Donna Mayhew: Taylor, Pennsylvania -- Javelin thrower.
- Michael Corbett in Collingwood: New Jersey, USA; actor (David - The Young and the Restless).
- John Taylor: Bassist.
- Philip Parker: American economist and author.
- Walter Dehmel: Writer, dies at 57.
- 12nd Emmy Awards: Playhouse 90, Robert Stack and Jane Wyatt
- Floyd Patterson KOs Ingemar Johansson in 5 for heavywgt boxing title
- Heavyweight Floyd Patterson KOs Ingemar Johnstown (NYC)
- Federation of Mali (and Senegal) becomes independent of France.
- In Burbank, California, the 12th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Fred Astaire.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 June 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Bobby Rydell - Swingin' School
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
- Ron Holden - Love You So
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?