Sunday 8 March 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 8, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Manolo Valdes and Michael Eisner.
Reap the Wild Wind, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 March 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1942 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Manolo Valdes
- Michael Eisner: Businessman.
- Ann Packer-Brightwell: England, United Kingdom -- 400m / 800m runner (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- [Dick] Richie: Allen; baseball player (American League Most Valuable Player 1972).
- Tammy Faye Bakker: Celebrity.
- Palito Ortega: Argentinian singer actor and politician.
- Ann Packer: English sprinter hurdler and long jumper.
- Dick Allen: American baseball player and tenor.
- Japanese forces captures Rangoon Burma
- KNIL, Dutch colonial army on Java, surrenders to Japanese armies.