Friday 8 March 1935
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Chalon and Sylvia Fraser.
Gold Diggers of 1935, directed by Busby Berkeley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1935!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1935 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Jean Chalon: French journalist and writer who spent most of his career in Figaro.
- Sylvia Fraser: Canadian writer, a journalist and best-selling writer of fiction and non-fiction.
- George Coleman: American saxophonist composer and bandleader.
- Hachiko: world-famous dog (Born 1923).
- Hachikō, the loyal dog who was remembered for his loyalty to his owner, even many years after his owners death, passes away on the very same spot he had waited for over nine years.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 March 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?