Tuesday 19 March 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Phyllis Newman in Jersey City and Renee Taylor in New York City.
The Man Who Knew Too Much, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Of Time and the River by Thomas Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1935!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1935 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Phyllis Newman in Jersey City: New Jersey, USA; actress (Coming of Age, TW3).
- Renee Taylor in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Jack Paar Show, Mary Hartman, Nanny).
- Gilbert Bozon: France sport Champion.
- Nancy Malone: American actress director and producer (d. 2014).
- Burt Metcalfe: Saskatchewan, Canada -- Actor / dir (Father of the Bride).
- A riot breaks out in Harlem, NYC, after a rumor that police killed a shoplifter in the S. H. Kress amp Co. department store circulates.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?