Tuesday 12 March 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Gross and Helga Pilarczyk German soprano (Salome.
Gold Diggers of 1935, directed by Busby Berkeley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1935!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1935 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- John Gross: Author (Age of Kipling, Dickens & 20th Century).
- Helga Pilarczyk German soprano (Salome: Lulu).
- Jacques Benveniste: French immunologist, who in 1979 published a well-known paper on the structure of platelet-activating factor and its relationship with histamine.
- John Doherty: English footballer (d. 2007).
- Valentyna Shevchenko: Ukrainian politician.
- England establishes 30 MPH speed limit for towns and villages.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?