Wednesday 20 March 1935
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Jacques Descamps and Ted Bessell in Flushing Queens.
The Man Who Knew Too Much, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Green Light by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1935!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1935 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Jean-Jacques Descamps
- Ted Bessell in Flushing Queens: New York, USA; actor (Don - That Girl, Frankie - Gomer Pyle).
- Ted Bessell: Director / actor (That Girl), dies of an aneurism at 61.
- Your Hit Parade makes its debut on radio.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?