Tuesday 9 May 1989
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mariano Di Vaio and Ellen White.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to I'll Be There For You by Bon Jovi.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
See No Evil, Hear No Evil, directed by Arthur Hiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Orkney snork nie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Uncanny X-Men or Blood Money.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1989 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Mariano Di Vaio: Instagram Star.
- Ellen White: American co-founder of the Seventh-day Adventist Church (Born 1827).
- Paul J Steenbergen: Actor (Ciske de Rat), dies at 82.
- Saratina! closes at Cort Theater NYC after 597 performances
- New York Mets Kevin Elster, errors after 88 errorless games at shortstop
- Journalists petition Chinese Government for freedom of press.
- Keith Whitley, American country singer ("Don't Close Your Eyes"), dies at age 33 (born 1955).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 May 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?