Friday 9 January 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Javad Alizadeh and Morris Gleitzman.
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
The Little World of Don Camillo, directed by Julien Duvivier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Man On A Donkey by H.F.M. Prescott was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Favorite Story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1953
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1953 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Javad Alizadeh: Iranian cartoonist and painter.
- Morris Gleitzman: English-Australian journalist and author.
- Shigeru So: Japanese runner.
- Takeshi So: Japanese runner.
- Hans Aanrud: Norwegian Author (Storken), dies at 89.
- Korean ferryboat Chang Tyong-Ho sank off Pusan killing 249
- Bevo Francis, Rio Grande College, scores 116 points in basketball game.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?