Monday 9 June 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Geslin and Marcin Wasilewski.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Funkytown by Lipps, Inc..
In UK Crying by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
The Blues Brothers, directed by John Landis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Brethren by Bob Woodward and Scott Armstrong was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vakáción a Mézga-család.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Horse Racing or SOS.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1980!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 June 1980 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Anthony Geslin: French road bicycle racer, who became a professional in 2002 when he signed with the Bonjour team.
- Marcin Wasilewski
- D'banj : Nigerian singer, songwriter and harmonica player.
- Udonis Haslem: American basketball player.
- Chaosxsilencer : YouTube Star.
- Piff the Magic Dragon: Magician.
- Bachir Boumaaza: YouTube Star.
- David Williams
- Navíd Akhavan: Iranian-German actor and singer.
- James DeBello: American actor.
- Mike Fontenot: American baseball player.
- Timothy Glanfield: English journalist and author.
- Nikolai Novosjolov: Estonian fencer.
- Paul Preiss: American model and actor.
- Lehlohonolo Seema: South African football player.
- Kana Ueda: Japanese voice actress and singer.
- Navid Akhavan: Iranian-German actor.
- Leonard Huizinga: Journalist / writer (Olivier & Adrian), dies at 73.
- 14th Music City News Country Awards: Statler Brothers and Loretta Lynn
- Comedian Richard Pryor suffers burns from free basing cocaine
- Phillies and SF Giants end their game at 3:11 AM
- In the California - Mexico border region, a magnitude 6.4 earthquake occurs.
- Soyuz T-2 returns to Earth.
- In Los Angeles, comedian Richard Pryor is badly burned trying to freebase cocaine.
- Apartheid: The African National Congress in South Africa publishes a statement by their imprisoned leader Nelson Mandela. ANC.org.za
- A Unabomber bomb injures United Airlines president Percy Wood in Lake Forest, Illinois.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?