Wednesday 7 May 1930US date format: 5/7/1930, UK date format: 7/5/1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 7, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Gandois and Jacques Tauran.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 May 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1930 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Jean Gandois: French engineer of roads and bridges in Guinea, Brazil and Peru.
- Jacques Tauran
- Carlo Cataneo: Italian actor and dubber, also known as Carlo Cattaneo, who died in Milan on 16 February 2005.
- Alain Crespelle: French psychotherapist.
- Helin : American astrologer who publicly declared himself to be President Bush's astrologer in mid-1991, a claim that was categorically denied by the White House.
- Aviard Gavrilovich Fastovets: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Babe Parilli: American football player and coach.
- John Smith: Baron Kirkhill English politician.
- Totie Fields: American actress and author (d. 1978).
- Horst Bienek: German poet.
- Duleepsinhji scores 333 in cricket for Sussex versus Northants in 330 minutes.