Friday 9 May 1919US date format: 5/9/1919, UK date format: 9/5/1919
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 9, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur English and Clifford Chadderton.
The Busher, directed by Jerome Storm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 May 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1919 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Arthur English: English actor and comedian (d. 1995).
- Clifford Chadderton: Canadian soldier and journalist (d. 2013).
- In Belgium, a new electoral law introduces universal manhood suffrage and gives the franchise to certain classes of women.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- How Ya Gonna Keep 'Em Down on the Farm (After They've Seen Paree) - Byron G. Harlan
- Sometime - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Marche Francaise - Victor Military Band