Wednesday 9 November 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Selvy and Marian Christy in Ridgefield.
If I Had a Million, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Sheltered Life by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 November 1932 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Frank Selvy
- Marian Christy in Ridgefield: Connecticut, USA; author (Invasions of Privacy).
- Geneva's 1932: Bloody confrontation between the police and demonstrants in Geneva.
- Serge Roy: France sport Champion.
- Nadya Aliluieva: Wife of Joseph Stalin, dies at 30.
- Hurricane storm wave sweeps over Santa Cruz del Sur, Cuba; kills 2,500.
- Riots between conservative and socialist supporters in Switzerland kill 12 and injure 60.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?