Sunday 14 July 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 14, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ingmar Bergman and Jay Wright.
A Pair of Silk Stockings, directed by Walter Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 July 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1918 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Ingmar Bergman: Swedish film director, a prestigiously productive and creative artist whose lens focused darkly on landscapes of tormented guilt and neurosis with only the occasional smile on a summer night.
- Jay Wright: Forrester invented random-access magnetic core memory.
- Arthur Laurents: American director screenwriter and playwright (d. 2011).
- Quentin Roosevelt: American aviator, son of Theodore Roosevelt (Born 1897).
- Dutch government reclaims South seas
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Edna White's Trumpet Quartet
- Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land - Al Jolson
- Original Dixieland Jazz Band - At the Jazz Band Ball