Sunday 14 July 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ingmar Bergman and Jay Wright.
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1918 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Ingmar Bergman: Swedish film director, a prestigiously productive and creative artist whose lens focused darkly on landscapes of tormented guilt and neurosis with only the occasional smile on a summer night.
- Jay Wright: Forrester invented random-access magnetic core memory.
- Arthur Laurents: American director screenwriter and playwright (d. 2011).
- Quentin Roosevelt: American aviator, son of Theodore Roosevelt (Born 1897).
- Dutch government reclaims South seas
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Edna White's Trumpet Quartet
- Original Dixieland Jazz Band - At the Jazz Band Ball
- Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?