Sunday 14 July 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jay Wright and Ingmar Bergman.
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1918 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Jay Wright: Forrester invented random-access magnetic core memory.
- Ingmar Bergman: Swedish film director, a prestigiously productive and creative artist whose lens focused darkly on landscapes of tormented guilt and neurosis with only the occasional smile on a summer night.
- Arthur Laurents: American director screenwriter and playwright (d. 2011).
- Quentin Roosevelt: American aviator, son of Theodore Roosevelt (Born 1897).
- Dutch government reclaims South seas
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 July 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Original Dixieland Jazz Band - At the Jazz Band Ball
- Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land - Al Jolson
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Edna White's Trumpet Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?