Tuesday 9 September 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Curtis Otto Bismark Curtis-Smith and Otis Redding in Georgia.
Hold Back the Dawn, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1941 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Curtis Otto Bismark Curtis-Smith: Composer.
- Otis Redding in Georgia: USA; rocker ("Sitting on the Dock of the Bay").
- Accardo Salvatore: Italian violinist, famed for the beauty of his music.
- Otis Redding: singer ("Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay"), dies in plane crash at age 26.
- Dennis Ritchie: American computer scientist created the C programming language (d. 2011).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?