Tuesday 9 September 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 9, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Otis Redding and Dennis Ritchie.
You'll Never Get Rich, directed by Sidney Lanfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1941 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Otis Redding: singer ("Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay"), dies in plane crash at age 26.
- Dennis Ritchie: American computer scientist created the C programming language (d. 2011).
- Sioux City (Iowa)
- Bernie Sanders: Politician.
- Accardo Salvatore: Italian violinist, famed for the beauty of his music.
- Curtis Otto Bismark Curtis-Smith: Composer.
- Otis Redding in Georgia: USA; rocker ("Sitting on the Dock of the Bay").