Tuesday 9 September 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jane Greer and Rik Van Steenbergen.
Captain Blood, directed by David Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while A Gentleman of Courage by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1924 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Jane Greer: American actress and singer (d. 2001).
- Rik Van Steenbergen: Belgian cyclist (d. 2003).
- Nino Bibbia: Italy -- Bobsled (1948 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Russell M Nelson: LDS apostle and cardiac surgery pioneer.
- Rik Vansteenbergen: Belgian champion cyclist.
- Henri Vansteenbergen: Belgium sport Champion.
- Russell Nelson: American captain surgeon and religious leader.
- Jane Greer in Washington DC: USA; actress (Prisoner of Zenda, Clown).
- Hanapepe Massacre occurs on Kauai, Hawaii.
- September 11 ampndash The Kohat riots break out in India.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Jealous - Marion Harris
- It Had to Be You - Sam Lanin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?