Thursday 9 August 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mário Cesariny and Catherine Langeais.
Little Old New York, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 August 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1923 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Mário Cesariny
- Catherine Langeais: French television presenter and actress, who was probably the most popular female presenter (speakerine) of French television, from the end of the 1950s through the 1970s.
- Gerrit Kouwenaar: Dutch literary.
- Roland Sadoun: French consultant and diplomat, who was head of 'l'Institut français d'opinion publique' (IFOP) from 1953 to 1972.
- New York State Golf Association formed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Louisville Lou - Arthur Gibbs & His Gang
- Morning Will Come - Al Jolson
- Who's Sorry Now? - Isham Jones & His Orchestra