Sunday 16 November 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alice Adams and James Groppi.
Just Imagine, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Exile by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1930 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Alice Adams: Sculptor.
- James Groppi: American ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic priest and social activist.
- Salvatore Riina: Italian Mafia chief known as "Corleone" after the district in Palermo where he was born.
- Chinua Achebe: Nigerian author poet and academic (d. 2013).
- Paul Foytack: American baseball player.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?