Sunday 16 November 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 16, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roland Bertin and James Groppi.
L'Age d'Or, directed by Luis Buñuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 November 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1930 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Roland Bertin
- James Groppi: American ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic priest and social activist.
- Salvatore Riina: Italian Mafia chief known as "Corleone" after the district in Palermo where he was born.
- Alice Adams: Sculptor.
- Chinua Achebe: Nigerian author poet and academic (d. 2013).
- Paul Foytack: American baseball player.