Friday May 10, 1974US date format: 5/10/1974, UK date format: 10/5/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 10, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Doc Gynéco and Quentin Elias.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Grand Funk.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Dial M for Murder, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Times To Remember by Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 May 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1974 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Doc Gynéco
- Quentin Elias
- Sylvain Wiltord: French football player (winger) from Martinique, he won the 1998 FIFA World Cup and the 2000 European championship with the French team.
- Catherine McCord
- Séverine Caneele
- Craig Hall (actor)
- Liu Fang: Chinese pipa player.
- Doc Gyneco: French rapper from Guadeloupe, formerly member of the band "Ministere AMER" (see: Stomy Bugsy).
- Janet Reasons in Port Orchard: Washington, USA; Miss America-Washington (1997).
- Grant Williams: NFL tackle (Seattle Seahawks).
- Dylan Lauren: Businesswoman.
- Hal Mohr: American cinematographer, husband of Evelyn Venable (Born 1894).
- 7th ABA championship: New York Nets beats Utah Stars, 4 games to 1.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- James Brown - The Payback
- Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'bout A Thing
- Aretha Franklin - I'm In Love
- Al Green - Let's Get Married
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes - Satisfaction Guaranteed (Or Take Your Love Back)
- MFSB Featuring The Three Degrees - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- Summer Breeze (Part 1) - The Isley Brothers
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?