Friday 10 May 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Grant Williams and Janet Reasons in Port Orchard.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Grand Funk.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, directed by John Hough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Partners by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qwak! or Qwak!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1974 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Grant Williams: NFL tackle (Seattle Seahawks).
- Janet Reasons in Port Orchard: Washington, USA; Miss America-Washington (1997).
- Doc Gyneco: French rapper from Guadeloupe, formerly member of the band "Ministere AMER" (see: Stomy Bugsy).
- Sylvain Wiltord: French football player (winger) from Martinique, he won the 1998 FIFA World Cup and the 2000 European championship with the French team.
- Liu Fang: Chinese pipa player.
- Hal Mohr: American cinematographer, husband of Evelyn Venable (Born 1894).
- 7th ABA championship: New York Nets beats Utah Stars, 4 games to 1.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?