Saturday 11 December 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Raise Your Glass by P!nk.
TRON: Legacy, directed by Joseph Kosinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Welcome Back, Brotter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet or Cities XL 2011.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 December 2010 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 December
- Dick Hoerner: American football player (Born 1922).
- Two explosions occur in a busy shopping district of Stockholm, Sweden, killing one and injuring two others. Officials say the incident is being treated as a terrorist attack.
- Leftist New People's Army rebels capture a village official and tribal chieftain during an attack on a militia outpost in Davao City, southern Philippines. (Xinhua)
- Nazario Moreno González, the leader of the La Familia Michoacana drug cartel, is killed in a shootout with police in Michoacán, Mexico. (Reuters)
- Inflation in China reaches a 28-month high, at 5.1%. (BBC)
- Bolivia lowers its retirement age from 65 to 58 as other countries raise their retirement ages. (Al Jazeera)
- A house fire in Uttar Pradesh, northern India, kills five children. (Sify India)
- Due to recent floods in Venezuela, President Hugo Chávez announces the erection in his garden of a Bedouin tent given as a gift by Muammar al-Gaddafi from which he is to live and govern to make room for more homeless families in his presidential palace at Miraflores. 25 families made homeless by the disaster had already sought shelter there and Chávez has been personally supervising the provision of relief in the country. (BBC)
- Eight fatal cases of A/H1N1 swine flu and two from seasonal flu are confirmed within six weeks in the United Kingdom. (''Daily Mail'')
- Delegates at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Cancún, Mexico, agree to a compromise on slowing climate change, though overall failing to reach a ampquotdeal that many activists and governments want.ampquot (BBC)
- U.S. attorney-general Eric Holder tells a Muslim community group near San Francisco that FBI sting operations are an ampquotan essential law enforcement toolampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- U.S. envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan Richard Holbrooke is hospitalised in a critically ill state in Washington, D.C., after gasping at a meeting with Hillary Rodham Clinton. (''The Hindu'')
- United States diplomatic cables leak:
- Newly released cables show the Vatican's refusal to co-operate with the Murphy Report child sexual abuse inquiry in Ireland which ampquotoffended manyampquot of them when they were summoned to Ireland from Rome. (RTÉ)
- A large group of hacktivists plans to bring down British government websites if the extradition of WikiLeaks spokesperson Julian Assange to Sweden is carried out. (''TODAY''online)
- Hundreds of Spartak Moscow fans and Russian nationalists clash with riot police in central Moscow over the death of a football fan earlier this week. (RIA Novosti)
- Detention of Julian Assange:
- Protests calling for Assange's release occur across Spain. (''The New Zealand Herald'')
- Mark Madoff, the 46-year-old son of convicted American fraudster Bernard Madoff is located hanging dead at an apartment in the New York City borough of Manhattan. (Al Jazeera)
- Thousands of people in eastern Russia protest against proposed changes to the country's time zones. (CNN)
- Ivory Coast President Laurent Gbagbo is to seek talks with rival presidential candidate Alassane Ouattara to end the crisis in the country. The head of the Economic Community of West African States James Victor Gbeho rejects the idea of power-sharing talks. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 December 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Genoa - Napoli : 0 - 1
- Palermo - Parma : 3 - 1
- Udinese - Fiorentina : 2 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - Waregem : 1 - 3
- Genk - Eupen : 5 - 1
- Gent - Charleroi : 2 - 1
- Standard - St Truiden : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - St Pauli : 3 - 0
- Dortmund - Werder Bremen : 2 - 0
- FC Koln - Ein Frankfurt : 1 - 0
- Hamburg - Leverkusen : 2 - 4
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Frankfurt FSV - Augsburg : 1 - 2
- Paderborn - Duisburg : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?