Thursday 22 February 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 22, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luis Buñuel and Line Noro.
The Conjurer, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1900!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1900 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Luis Buñuel: Spanish filmmaker who began his cinema studies in Paris in 1925; within a year he was an assistant director.
- Line Noro
- A Spencer Paterson
- Giorgios Seferis Greece: poet (Nobel Prize 1963).
- Luis Bunuel: Spanish-born film director (d. 1983).
- Sean O'Faolain: Writer.
- A Paterson: Scottish physician and psychiatrist, the author of "Electrical and Drug Treatments in Psychiatry," 1963.
- James Sisnett: Barbadian super-centenarian (d. 2013).
- Sean O Faolain: Irish author (d. 1991).
- Luis Bunuel: Spanish director and writer (Born 1900).
- Evald Aav: Composer.
- Hawaii became a US territory.