Friday 2 February 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carroll Righter and Asa Smith Bushnell Jr.
while Red Pottage by Mary Cholmondele was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1900!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1900 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Carroll Righter: American professional astrologer and syndicated columnist in daily papers read in 30 million homes.
- Asa Smith Bushnell Jr: Springfield, Ohio -- Secretary of US Olympics (1945-65).
- Willie Kamm: American baseball player and manager (d. 1988).
- Gustave Charpentiers opera "Louise" premieres in Paris.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Old Folks at Home - Vess Ossman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?