Friday June 11, 1971
US date format: 6/11/1971, UK date format: 11/6/1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 11, 1971). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Dion Foxx and Duane Dmytryshyn.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Want Ads by The Honey Cone.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Punishment Park, directed by Peter Watkins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The European Discovery Of America by Samuel Eliot Morison was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Quentin Durward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 11, 1971?
- US ends ban on China trade
- US and Japan sign accord to return Okinawa to Japan
- Neville Bonner becomes the first Indigenous Australian to sit in the Australian Parliament.
- Vietnam War: The ''New York Times'' begins to publish the Pentagon Papers.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 11, 1971?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- The Partridge Family - I'll Meet You Halfway
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Wilson Pickett - Don't Knock My Love - Pt. 1
- Aretha Franklin - BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
- The 8th Day - She's Not Just Another Woman
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Isaac Hayes - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- The Beginning Of The End - Funky Nassau-Part I
- The Supremes - Nathan Jones
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - I Don't Want To Do Wrong
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 11If June 11, 1971 is your birthday you're 49 years, 3 months, 17 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 14 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 11, 1971?
On June 11, 1971 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is June 11, 1971?
On June 11, 1971 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on June 11, 1971?
On June 11, 1971 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 11, 1971?
On June 11, 1971 the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on June 11, 1971?
On June 11, 1971 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on June 11, 1971?
On June 11, 1971 several famous people were born including, Dion Foxx, Duane Dmytryshyn, Vladimir Gaidamașciuc.
What was the number one song in June 11, 1971?
The number one song in the week of June 11, 1971 was Want Ads by The Honey Cone in US and Knock Three Times by Dawn in UK.
What were the top hits on June 11, 1971?
The top hits on June 11, 1971 were Want Ads by The Honey Cone, Brown Sugar by The Rolling Stones, Rainy Days And Mondays by Carpenters in US and Knock Three Times by Dawn, Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road, I Did What I Did For Maria by Tony Christie in UK.