Sunday 11 March 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Bijlemans and Karine Berger.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Crazies, directed by George A. Romero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Implosion Conspiracy by Louis Nizer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lizzie Dripping.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 March 1973 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Hans Bijlemans: Belgian swimming champion, holder of the Belgian record for the 50 meter freestyle and 100 meter freestyle.
- Karine Berger
- Sammie Brennan: Canadian Football League defensive back (British Columbia Lions).
- Mike Mihelic: Canadian Football League offensive tackle (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Sylvia Day: American author and blogger.
- Martin Hiden: Austrian footballer and coach.
- Vincent Pereira: American actor and director.
- Wataru Sakata: Japanese wrestler and mixed martial artist.
- Tony Veland: NFL defensive back (Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32).
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA S&H Green Stamp Golf Classic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Dr. Hook - The Cover Of Rolling Stone
- John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- Jermaine Jackson - Daddy's Home
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?