Friday 23 March 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Delphine Batho and Jason Kidd.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Train by The O'Jays.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
Devil in Miss Jones, directed by Gerard Damiano, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while I'M O.K.- You'Re O.K. by Thomas Harris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lizzie Dripping.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 March 1973 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Delphine Batho: French Socialist Party politician.
- Jason Kidd: Basketball Player.
- David Vaughn III
- David Vaughn NBA forward (Orlando Magic: San Francisco Warriors).
- Jason Kidd NBA guard (Phoenix Suns: Dallas Mavericks).
- Kathy Carboy in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; diver (Olympics-1996).
- Ninya Perna: Miss Nevada-USA (1997).
- Naoko Sawamatsu in Nishinomiya: Japan; tennis star (1994 Singapore).
- David Vaughn: American football player, a forward who finished his Rookie season in 1996.
- Jerzy Dudek: Polish footballer.
- Wim Eyckmans: Belgian race car driver.
- Kevin Northcutt: American wrestler.
- Patiparn Pataweekarn: Thai actor and singer.
- Igor Nikitin: Hockey defenseman (Team Kazakhstan Olympics - 1998).
- Rob Lazeo: CFL offensive tackle (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Ken Maynard: Actor (Phantom Rancher, $50, 000 Reward), dies at 77.
- Yoko Ono is granted permanent residence in US
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Watergate scandal (United States): In a letter to Judge John Sirica, Watergate burglar James W. McCord Jr. admits that he and other defendants have been pressured to remain silent about the case. He names former Attorney General John Mitchell as 'overall boss' of the operation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Dr. Hook - The Cover Of Rolling Stone
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
- The Stylistics - Break Up To Make Up
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?