Tuesday 6 March 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Terry Adams in Mobile and Brian Olson in Tallahassee.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Long Goodbye, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Super Money by Adam Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lizzie Dripping.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1973 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Terry Adams in Mobile: Alabama, USA; pitcher (Chicago Cubs).
- Brian Olson in Tallahassee: Florida, USA; middleweight (189 pounds) judoka (Olympics-1996).
- Michael Finley: NBA guard / forward (Phoenix Suns / Dallas Mavericks).
- Greg Ostertag: American basketball player: Center, Jazz.
- Peter Lindgren: Swedish guitarist and songwriter (Opeth).
- Trent Willmon: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- In an exhibition game with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Minnesota Twins' Larry Hisle becomes the first designated hitter (he hits two homeruns and knocks in 7 RBIs).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Dr. Hook - The Cover Of Rolling Stone
- John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- Jermaine Jackson - Daddy's Home
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?