Wednesday 11 December 1985
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aiko Kayo and Andrew Khan.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Broken Wings by Mr. Mister.
In UK Saving All My Love For You by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Revolution, directed by Hugh Hudson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while House by Tracy Kidder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Oliver Maass.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Nightshade or Perry Mason: The Case of the Mandarin Murder.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1985!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1985 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Aiko Kayo: Japanese idol singer.
- Andrew Khan: American born Pakistani royalty, the son of Princess Yasmin Khan and grandson of Prince Aly Khan and his wife, Rita Hayworth.
- Karla Souza: Mexican actress who made her US television debut in September 2014 as "Laurel Castillo" in producer Shonda Rhimes' legal drama series, How to Get Away with Murder.
- Raven-Symon Raven-Symone: Actress.
- Yekta Kurtuluş: Turkish footballer.
- Computer store owner in Sacramento California killed by package bomb
- NHL record 62 points scored, Edmonton (36) beats Chicago (17) 12-9 and ties record of 21 goals.
- Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above 1,500 for first time (1,511.70).
- General Electric acquires RCA Corp and its subsidiary, NBC.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Isley, Jasper, Isley - Caravan of Love
- New Edition - Count Me Out
- Eugene Wilde - Don't Say No Tonight
- Sheila E. - A Love Bizarre
- Lionel Richie - Say You, Say Me
- Bernard Wright - Who Do You Love
- Kool & The Gang - Emergency
- Aretha Franklin - Who's Zoomin' Who
- The Jets - Curiosity
- Whitney Houston - Thinking About You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?