Tuesday July 12, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 12, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Melissa O'Neil and Risa Taneda.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Flame by Cheap Trick.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You by Glenn Medeiros was in the top 5 hits.
Saturday Night Out, directed by Robert Hartford-Davis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Show Time by Pat Riley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Barfuß ins Bett.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Demon's Winter or Hard Head.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 July 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1988!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1988 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Melissa O'Neil: Canadian singer and actress.
- Risa Taneda: Japanese voice actress.
- Matthew Brunolt: American homicide victim, found shot to death execution style along with his brother Martin Jr.
- Natalie La Rose: World Music Singer.
- LeSean McCoy: Football Player.
- Inbee Park: South Korean golfer.
- 59th All Star Baseball Game: AL wins 2-1 at Riverfront Stadium, Cin
- All star MVP: Terry Steinbach (Oakland Athletics)
- USSR launches Phobos II for Martian orbit.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1988?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Roses Are Red - The Mac Band Featuring The McCampbell Brothers
- Sade - Paradise
- Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
- Vanessa Williams - The Right Stuff
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name
- Gregory Abbott - I'll Prove It To You
- Al B. Sure! - Off On Your Own (Girl)
- James Brown - I'm Real
- Troop - Mamacita
Top #10 Latin songs
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Glenn Medeiros - Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You
- The Twist (Yo, Twist) - The Fat Boys With Chubby Checker
- Push It / Tramp - Salt-N-Pepa
- Bros - I Owe You Nothing
- Sabrina - Boys (Summertime Love)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?