Monday 14 August 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 14, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ethel Lois Payne and William Bernbach.
The Accident, directed by Christopher Lawrence Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 August 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1911 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- William Bernbach: Businessman.
- Ethel Lois Payne: Journalist (Chicago Defender) / 1st Lady of Black Press.
- Pieter Platteel: Last Governor Netherlands New-Guinea.
- Maxime Richou: Najac physician.
- Jan Koetsier: Dutch composer and conductor (d.2006).
- Vethathiri Maharishi: Indian spiritual leader philosopher and author (d. 2006).
- General Leconte appointed temporary President of Haiti
- United States Senate leaders agree to rotate the office of President pro tempore of the Senate among leading candidates to fill the vacancy left by William P. Frye's death.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- That Railroad Rag - Walter Van Brunt
- Don't Wake Me Up, I'm Dreaming - Walter Van Brunt
- The Mississippi Dippy Dip - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Infanta March - Fred Van Eps
- In the Land of Harmony - Arthur Collins