Monday 12 July 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 12, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Ramona and Beezus, directed by Elizabeth Allen Rosenbaum, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while War by Sebastian Junger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Twisted.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge or DogFighter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 July 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 12 July 2010 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 July
- A new cap on the destroyed oil well is put in place, and will undergo more than 2 days of testing. (AP via MSNBC)
- Afghan rights group Afghanistan Rights Monitor (ARM) releases its report stating that 2010 has been the most violent in the landlocked country since the United States led an invasion in 2001, though notes a reduction in airstrikes - a policy favoured by former General Stanley A. McChrystal - has led to less civilian deaths via this method in 2010. (Aljazeera)
- A gunman opens fire at a fiber optics plant in Albuquerque, New Mexico, killing two and wounding four before committing suicide. (AP via Yahoo)
- At least eight people are injured after a tornado strikes the German island of Duene in the North Sea. (BBC)
- Files indicate that GlaxoSmithKline knew Rosiglitazone (Avandia) had high heart risks since 1999, and made efforts to cover up the findings. (''The New York Times'')
- The UK Ministry of Defence unveils ''Taranis'', its new long-range unmanned plane intended to damage enemy territory. Tests are due to begin in 2011. (''The Sun'')
- An Israeli military probe into the naval raid on the Gaza-bound flotilla praises the naval commandos who killed eight Turks and one Turkish-American but criticises poor Israeli intelligence that did not have a sufficient backup plan for its troops in the event that the Flotilla's passengers reacted violently to the raid. (''The Independent'')
- The United States is pleased after Russia suggests Iran could build a nuclear weapon in future, an unusual admission from Moscow. (Reuters)
- French President Nicolas Sarkozy goes on national TV to dismiss allegations that he received illegal campaign donations from Liliane Bettencourt. (France24)
- The United Kingdom Secretary of State for Health Andrew Lansley outlines a radical proposal to reform the country's National Health Service, including the privatisation of hospitals. (BBC News)
- The EU agree to impose tougher sanctions against member countries that violate the Stability and Growth Pact. (Channel NewsAsia)
- The U.S.internet search company Google agrees to submit to official Chinese censorship of ampquotlaw-breaking contentampquot. (Aljazeera)
- Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, the Iranian woman due to be stoned to death for adultery, is given a temporary stay of execution. (Aljazeera)
- The International Criminal Court charges Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir with three counts of genocide for his role in the Darfur conflict. (''The Independent'')
- Cuba releases 7 political prisoners and sends them into exile in Spain, the first in a wave of 52. (AP via Google News)
- Switzerland rejects a request from the United States to extradite Franco–Polish film director Roman Polanski to face sentencing on charges of unlawful sex with a minor in 1977. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Two Russian men, Andrei Yerofeyev and Yuri Samodurov, are convicted of inciting hatred for setting up a Forbidden Art exhibition at the Sakharov Museum. (''The Independent'')
- Singer Jon Bon Jovi opts to continue with Bon Jovi's world concert tour despite tearing his calf muscle at the end of a concert in New Jersey. (Reuters)
- Spain's victorious 2010 FIFA World Cup ampquotcampeonesampquot return to Madrid where they are met by millions of people in the streets, the royal family and politicians. (''The Australian'')
- Paul the Octopus retires. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Over - Drake
- Teach Me How To Dougie - Cali Swag District
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Y Como Es El - Marc Anthony
- Comandos del M.P. (500 Balazos) - Voz de Mando
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
- Phoenix - 1901
- Savior - Rise Against
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Actors in “Margin Call,” a film about bankers dealing with the financial crisis, described how they researched their roles. [..]
In its usual controversial tone, Jezebel, a blog for women, garnered more than 211,000 page views on a post calling “The Daily Show” sexist. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $34.70
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $71.27
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $67.18
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $45.02
- 1 CHF = 6.3832 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5357 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0233 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.94 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?