Sunday 12 April 1925
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Britt Lomond and Rod Steiger.
The Wizard of Oz, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1925 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Britt Lomond
- Rod Steiger: American actor known for his performances in such films as On the Waterfront, The Big Knife, Oklahoma!, The Harder They Fall, Across the Bridge, The Pawnbroker, Doctor Zhivago, In the Heat of the Night, Waterloo, Duck, You Sucker!, and The Amityville Horror as well as the television programs Marty and Jesus of Nazareth.
- Evelyn Berezin: American computer scientist and engineer.
- Joe Bowman: American sharpshooter, Hollywood consultant, bootmaker & master showman (d. 2009).
- Ned Miller: American singer-songwriter.
- Oliver Postgate: English animator puppeteer and screenwriter (d. 2008).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Cliff Edwards - Fascinating Rhythm
- I'll See You in My Dreams - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- How Do You Do? - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?