Monday 12 March 2007US date format: 3/12/2007, UK date format: 12/3/2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 12, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to This Is Why I'm Hot by Mims.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Reign Over Me, directed by Mike Binder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blood Ties.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anno 1701: Dawn of Discovery or Boogie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 March 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 12 March 2007 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 March
- Hege Nerland: Norwegian lawyer and politician (d. 2007).
- Representative Ron Paul of Texas announces his candidacy for President of the US in 2008.
- While identifying as a Unitarian, Representative Pete Stark (D-CA) becomes the first member of the United States Congress to openly acknowledge that he does not hold a ampquotgod-beliefampquot. (AP via Guardian.co.uk)
- The High Court of Zimbabwe rules that detained opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai of the Movement for Democratic Change must either be brought into court on Tuesday or released. (BBC)
- Nigel Griffiths resigns as the Deputy Leader of the British House of Commons over the proposed expansion of the Trident missile system. (BBC)
- Lieutenant General Kevin Kiley resigns as the Surgeon General of the United States Army over the Walter Reed Medical Center scandal. (BBC)
- Asanbekov Sarybayev, the Deputy Culture Minister of the Government of Kyrgyzstan, resigns and joins the United Front For A Worthy Future For Kyrgyzstan opposition coalition. The United Front says it will hold protests in Bishkek in April against the Constitution and in favor of early presidential elections. (RFE/RL)
- United Nations investigators criticise Sudan for gross human rights violations in Darfur, including murder, mass rape and kidnapping. (BBC)
- The blueprint for the Chinese space program, including the first Chinese-built astronomy satellite, a joint unmanned mission to Mars with Russia, and other extensive international cooperation, is released. (Xinhua)
- Lawyers in Pakistan boycott courts in protest at President Pervez Musharraf's suspension of the country's Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry for alleged ampquotmisuse of authorityampquot. More than 20 lawyers were injured in clashes with police during demonstrations in Lahore. (BBC)
- 2007 National People's Congress: After announcements in February that China's trade surplus is near a record high, in an open press conference, People's Bank of China Governor Zhou Xiaochuan and Minister of Commerce Bo Xilai were both vocal in their criticism towards the United States in a proposed 27.5% tariff, with Bo calling it ampquotdestructive to bilateral tradeampquot. (BBC)
Sport Games on 12 March 2007
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Kaiserslautern - Munich 1860 : 2 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Reims - Chateauroux : 0 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Burton - Forest Green : 1 - 0
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Benfica - Leiria : 2 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Break It Off - Rihanna
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
Top #10 R&B songs
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Throw Some D's - Rich Boy Featuring Polow Da Don
- Omarion - Ice Box
- Pretty Ricky - On The Hotline
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
- Musiq Soulchild - Buddy
- Ciara - Promise
- Runaway Love - Ludacris Featuring Mary J. Blige
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ese - Conjunto Primavera
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Cada Vez Que Pienso En Ti - Los Creadorez del Pasito Duranguense de Alfredo Ramirez
- Te Lo Agradezco, Pero No - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Shakira
- Manda Una Senal - Mana
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Amar Es Lo Que Quiero - David Bisbal
- Igual Que Ayer - RKM & Ken-Y
- Pegao - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Los Vaqueros
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Orbis Investment Management, which owns 6.9 percent of Nikko, said in a statement that Citigroup’s offer was “unacceptable.” [..]
Wikipedia’s co-founder has called for a voluntary system for accrediting contributors who say they have advanced degrees. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $69.85
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $98.69
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $64.50
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $39.92
- 1 CAD = 1.0448 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9621 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9205 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.3659 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?