Thursday 13 April 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Sorvino in Brookyn and Barbara-Rose Collins.
Dark Victory, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Escape by Ethel Vance was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1939 ?
- Paul Sorvino in Brookyn: New York, USA; stage/screen actor (Law and Order, Reds, Goodfellas, A Touch of Class, That Championship Season, An American Millionaire, The Mating Dance, Skyscraper, King Lear).
- Barbara-Rose Collins: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Michigan).
- Wijnie Jabaaij: Dutch Member of Parliament (PvdA).
- Seamus Heaney: Irish writer, Nobel Prize laureate.
- Paul Sorvino: American actor singer and director.
- Britain offers a quotguaranteequot to Romania and Greece.
- John Steinbeck's novel ''The Grapes of Wrath'' is first published.
- At a meeting in Paris, French Foreign Minister Georges Bonnet meets with Soviet Ambassador Jakob Suritz, and suggests that a ampquotpeace frontampquot comprising France, the Soviet Union, Great Britain, Poland and Romania would deter Germany from war.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?