Thursday 13 April 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 13, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Seamus Heaney and Paul Sorvino.
The Four Feathers, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 April 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1939 ?
- Seamus Heaney: Irish writer, Nobel Prize laureate.
- Paul Sorvino: American actor singer and director.
- Paul Sorvino in Brookyn: New York, USA; stage/screen actor (Law and Order, Reds, Goodfellas, A Touch of Class, That Championship Season, An American Millionaire, The Mating Dance, Skyscraper, King Lear).
- Alan Ayckbourn: Playwright.
- Wijnie Jabaaij: Dutch Member of Parliament (PvdA).
- Barbara-Rose Collins: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Michigan).
- Lyall Watson: South African anthropologist and writer (Born 1939).
- Britain offers a quotguaranteequot to Romania and Greece.
- John Steinbeck's novel ''The Grapes of Wrath'' is first published.
- At a meeting in Paris, French Foreign Minister Georges Bonnet meets with Soviet Ambassador Jakob Suritz, and suggests that a ampquotpeace frontampquot comprising France, the Soviet Union, Great Britain, Poland and Romania would deter Germany from war.