Wednesday 13 April 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Petit and Jean-Jacques Favier in Kehl.
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Dream Merchants by Harold Robbins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Fred Waring Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1949 ?
- Philippe Petit: Nemours, France -- Juggler / aerialist.
- Jean-Jacques Favier in Kehl: Germany; astronaut (STS 78).
- Frank Doran: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament, Labour representative.
- Jay Crouse: American businessman, gallery owner, art dealer.
- Jean-Jacques Favier: French engineer and a former CNES astronaut who flew aboard the STS-78 NASA Space Shuttle mission.
- Len Cook: New Zealand-English mathematician and statistician
- Christopher Hitchens: English-American journalist and author (d. 2011)
- Ricardo Zunino: Argentinian race car driver
- C V France: Dies at 80.
- 3rd NBA Championship: Minn Lakers beat Washington Capitals, 4 games to 2
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A - You're Adorable (The Alphabet Song) - Perry Como & Fontane Sisters
- Vic Damone - Again
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?