Wednesday 13 April 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 13, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Thor, directed by Kenneth Branagh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Troubled Man by Henning Mankell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Babysitter's a Vampire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Afterfall: Insanity or Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 April 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 13 April 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 April
- 2011 Libyan civil war
- Forces loyal to Muammar Gaddafi continue to attack the city of Misrata. (Al Arabiya)
- The Malaysiakini Malaysian news website is attacked ahead of elections in Sarawak. (AFP via Channel News Asia)
- The 2011 Syrian protests spread to Aleppo. (Gulf News)
- Toyota closes several plants in Europe for part of April and May due to parts shortages caused by the power outages associated with the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. (AP via Forbes)
- Royal Dutch Shell announces that it will close the Clyde oil refinery in Sydney, Australia, resulting in the loss of hundreds of jobs. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The U.S. Bureau of Land Management announces that it has launched a new environmental impact study of oil shale and tar sands development. (''Denver Post'')
- Japan's Sendai Airport partially reopens for the first time since the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. (Kyodo News)
- The United States requests the release of one of its citizens detained in North Korea. (AFP via Google News)
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- The government in the West Bank is largely ready to govern a Palestinian state, a United Nations report claims. (AlnbspJazeera)
- Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara says former leader Laurent Gbagbo will face charges at the national and international level. (Al Jazeera)
- Egyptian authorities detain former president Hosni Mubarak and his sons Alaa and Gamal for 15 days as part of an investigation related to possible charges of corruption and abuse of power. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- English actor Brian Regan is charged with the murder of a bouncer in a pub in Liverpool. (BBC)
- US baseball star Barry Bonds is convicted of obstruction of justice charges with a hung jury on other charges. (AP via Fox News)
- Lee Bradley Brown, 39, a British tourist is allegedly beaten to death in the Bur Dubai police station in Dubai after being arrested for swearing. (''Daily Mail'')
- Chinese authorities continue a crackdown on dissent, with some activists placed on labour camps according to rights groups. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Former US Senator Rick Santorum announces that he has formed a committee to explore a bid for the Republican Party nomination in the presidential election. (''USA Today'')
- The Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations of the United States Senate releases a report on the financial crisis of 2008, focusing largely on the role played by Goldman Sachs in ampquotcreating and selling structured finance productsampquot that had their customers betting in one direction while Goldman itself bet the other way. (Subcommittee Release)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 April 2011
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Grimsby - Rushden & D : 1 - 1
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Queen of Sth - Morton : 1 - 4
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Arbroath - Clyde : 2 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Aberdeen - Rangers : 0 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Down On Me - Jeremih Featuring 50 Cent
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Where You At - Jennifer Hudson
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- El Padrino - Joan Sebastian
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Mumford & Sons - The Cave
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- Country Song - Seether
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - Shinedown
- The Black Keys - Howlin' For You
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?