Monday 13 August 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Fogelberg and Amy Shapiro.
A Place in the Sun, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Cruel Sea by Nicholas Monsarrat was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Kit Carson.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1951!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 August 1951 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Dan Fogelberg: American singer, songwriter with a sweet face and sweet voice.
- Amy Shapiro: American astrologer whose interest in astrology and metaphysics began in 1965 with teacher Isabel Hickey, author of "Astrology: A Cosmic Science," at Boston School of Astrology.
- Daniel Amos: American CEO executive of American Family, an insurance corporation.
- Denis Pessin: French political cartoonist.
- Ric Parnell: English drummer and songwriter (Atomic Rooster and Nova).
- Dan Fogelberg in Peoria: Illinois, USA; rocker ("Same Auld Lang Syne").
- Gwen Cheeseman: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania -- Field hockey goalie (1984 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Great-Britain and Iraq sign new oil contract
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gimme a Little Kiss, Will Ya, Huh? - April Stevens (Henri Rene Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?