Sunday 13 December 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 13, 1959). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Whitaker and Cameron Dye.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Suddenly, Last Summer, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Showtime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1959
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1959 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Johnny Whitaker: AAmerican actor and singer notable for several performances for film and television during his childhood.
- Cameron Dye
- Pat Torpey
- Heino Enden: Estonian basketball player and coach.
- Marianne Gravatte: Hollywood, California -- Playmate of year (Oct, 1982).
- Boris Zhukov: American wrestler.
- Staffan William-Olsson: Swedish guitarist and composer (The Real Thing).
- John Whitaker in Van Nuys: California, USA; actor (Family Affair, Snowball Express).
- Jim Barrell: American professional wrestler.
- Archbishop Makarios becomes the first President of Cyprus.
- Three years after its first telecast, MGM's ''The Wizard of Oz'' is shown on television for only the second time, but it gains an even larger viewing audience than its first television outing, spurring CBS to make it an annual tradition.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Spacemen - The Clouds
- Brook Benton - So Many Ways
- Jackie Wilson - Talk That Talk
- The Drifters - Dance With Me
- Fats Domino - Be My Guest
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Come Into My Heart
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Sammy Turner - Always
- Marv Johnson - You Got What It Takes
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?