Friday 25 December 1959, Christmas
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 1959). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Philip Anderson and Anil Kapoor.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Heartaches By The Number by Guy Mitchell.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Our Man in Havana, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Dear And Glorious Physician by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Secret Garden.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1959
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1959 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Michael Philip Anderson
- Anil Kapoor: Actor.
- Missy Cleveland: Jackson, Mississippi -- Playmate (April, 1979).
- Michael P Anderson: astronaut (d. 2003).
- Michael P Anderson in Plattsburgh: New York, USA; major US Air Force/astronaut (STS 89).
- Lee Daniels: Actor.
- Chris Spice: Australian field hockey coach (Olympics-1996).
- Michael Anderson: American astronaut: Michael P. Anderson – Mission specialist; Lt.
- Ramdas Athawale: Indian poet and politician.
- Ton Lokhoff: Dutch soccer player (NAC).
- A synagogue in Cologne Germany desecrated with swatstikas
- Richard Starkey receives his 1st drum set
- Sony brings transistor TV 8-301 to the market.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1959?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Bobby Rydell - We Got Love
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Fabian - Hound Dog Man
Top #10 R&B songs
- Brook Benton - So Many Ways
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Come Into My Heart
- The Spacemen - The Clouds
- Sammy Turner - Always
- Jackie Wilson - Talk That Talk
- The Drifters - Dance With Me
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Marv Johnson - You Got What It Takes
- In The Mood - Ernie Fields & Orch.
- Fats Domino - Be My Guest
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?