Friday 25 December 1959, Christmas
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Philip Anderson and Missy Cleveland.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Heartaches By The Number by Guy Mitchell.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Jack and the Beanstalk, directed by Jean Yarbrough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while How I Turned $1,000 Into A Million In Real Estate -- In My Spare Time by William Nickerson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Radio rochela.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1959!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 December 1959 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Michael Philip Anderson
- Missy Cleveland: Jackson, Mississippi -- Playmate (April, 1979).
- Michael P Anderson: astronaut (d. 2003).
- Michael P Anderson in Plattsburgh: New York, USA; major US Air Force/astronaut (STS 89).
- Ton Lokhoff: Dutch soccer player (NAC).
- Chris Spice: Australian field hockey coach (Olympics-1996).
- Michael Anderson: American astronaut: Michael P. Anderson – Mission specialist; Lt.
- Ramdas Athawale: Indian poet and politician.
- A synagogue in Cologne Germany desecrated with swatstikas
- Richard Starkey receives his 1st drum set
- Sony brings transistor TV 8-301 to the market.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Bobby Rydell - We Got Love
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Fabian - Hound Dog Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?