Thursday 17 December 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 17, 1959). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hervé Di Rosa and Gregg Araki.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Heartaches By The Number by Guy Mitchell.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Our Man in Havana, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Station Wagon In Spain by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hudson's Bay.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 December 1959
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1959 ?
- Hervé Di Rosa: French contemporary painter.
- Gregg Araki: American filmmaker of Japanese heritage and ambiguous sexuality, he is considered a leading light of "queer cinema.
- Alexander Lebedev: Businessman.
- Michelle Mackall in Washington DC: USA; LPGA golfer (1995 Friendly's-32nd).
- Tammie Green in Somerset: Ohio, USA; LPGA golfer (1989 du Maurier Ltd Classic).
- Albert King: American basketball player and sportscaster.
- On The Beach, is 1st film to premiere on both sides of Iron Curtain
- 1st movie opening simultaneously in major cities (On The Beach)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Brook Benton - So Many Ways
- Sammy Turner - Always
- Jackie Wilson - Talk That Talk
- The Spacemen - The Clouds
- The Drifters - Dance With Me
- Fats Domino - Be My Guest
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Marv Johnson - You Got What It Takes
- The Nutty Squirrels - Uh! Oh! Part 2
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Come Into My Heart
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?