Saturday 19 December 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kathryn "Furu" Carpenter in Marshall and Edward Metgod Dutch soccer goalie (Haarlem.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Heartaches By The Number by Guy Mitchell.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Solomon and Sheba, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Elements Of Style by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rocky and His Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1959 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kathryn "Furu" Carpenter in Marshall: Michigan, USA; fencer-epee (Olympics-1996).
- Edward Metgod Dutch soccer goalie (Haarlem: Sparta).
- Ivan Vallejo: Ecuadorian mountaineer.
- Hervé Bizeul: French sommelier, who worked in Berlin’s KaDeWe department store before becoming a winemaker in 1997.
- Iván Vallejo: Ecuadorian mountaineer.
- Walter Williams: American civil engineer and CEO of Bethlehem Steel, a large, noted steel production and manufacturing company.
- 1st Liberty Bowl game-Penn State beats Alabama 7-0
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?