Sunday 13 January 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elsa Martinelli and Mauro Forghieri.
David Copperfield, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Green Light by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1935 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Elsa Martinelli: Italian actress.
- Mauro Forghieri: Italian automotive & mechanical engineer (Scuderia Ferrari).
- Plebiscite in Saar, indicates a desire (90.3 percent) to join Germany.
- A plebiscite in Saarland shows that 90.3% of those voting wish to join Nazi Germany.
- A plebiscite in the Territory of the Saar Basin shows that 90.3% of those voting wish to join Germany.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 January 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?