Sunday 29 December 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 29, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nestor Combin and Fred Hansen.
Hudson's Bay, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1940 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Nestor Combin
- Fred Hansen: American former athlete who competed mainly in the pole vault.
- Brigitte Kronauer: Writer.
- Ed Buce: Keiser, Arkansas -- Country singer (Texas).
- Peter Koelewijn: Dutch writer/vocalist ("Come off that Roof").
- Ed Buce in Keiser: Arkansas, USA; country singer (Texas).
- Germany begins dropping incendiary bombs on London, England.
- NFL Pro Bowl: Chicago Bears beats NFL All-Stars 28-14.