Sunday 29 December 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brigitte Kronauer and Ed Buce.
The Reluctant Dragon, directed by Alfred L. Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Stars on the Sea by F. van Wyck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1940 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Brigitte Kronauer: Writer.
- Ed Buce: Keiser, Arkansas -- Country singer (Texas).
- Peter Koelewijn: Dutch writer/vocalist ("Come off that Roof").
- Ed Buce in Keiser: Arkansas, USA; country singer (Texas).
- Fred Hansen: American former athlete who competed mainly in the pole vault.
- Germany begins dropping incendiary bombs on London, England.
- NFL Pro Bowl: Chicago Bears beats NFL All-Stars 28-14.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yes, My Darling Daughter - Dinah Shore
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?