Wednesday 14 April 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Gibrat and Sue Hill.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Flying Saucers From Outer Space by Donald Keyhoe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lone Wolf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 14 April 1954
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1954 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Jean-Pierre Gibrat
- Sue Hill: English pathologist and civil servant.
- Katsuhiro Otomo: Japanese director screenwriter and illustrator.
- Bruce Sterling: United States -- Sci-fi author (Involution Ocean, Schismatrix).
- Soviet diplomat Vladimir Petrov asks for political asylum in Canberra, Australia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?