Thursday 14 February 1924, Valentine's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Juan Ponce Enrile and Robert W Maloy.
America, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Heirs Apparent by Philip Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1924!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 February 1924 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Juan Ponce Enrile
- Robert W Maloy
- Countess Mountbatten: of Burma.
- Juan Enrile: Filipino military leader who helped overthrow Ferdinand Marcos, aiming to assume power.
- Robert Maloy: Charleston Military man.
- Patricia Knatchbull: 2nd Countess Mountbatten of Burma.
- Peg Murray: American actress and singer.
- Arghyris Kounadis: Composer.
- IBM Corporation founded by Thomas Watson
- The International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is founded.
- ''IBM'' is founded in New York State.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Aloha Oe (Farewell to Thee) - Frank Ferera
- When Lights Are Low - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- I'm Sitting Pretty in a Pretty Little City - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?