Sunday 24 February 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Pillar and Lionel Dakers.
America, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 February 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1924!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1924 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- William Pillar: British Admiral.
- Lionel Dakers: director (Royal School of Church Music).
- Hal Herring: American football player and coach (d. 2014).
- Erik Nielsen: Canadian lawyer and politician 3rd Deputy Prime Minister of Canada (d. 2008).
- Edmond Picard: French/Belgian writer (Ambidextre journalist), dies at age 87.
- Johnny Weissmuller swims 100-metre record (57.4 seconds).
- Greek parliament proclaims republic.
- Mahatma Gandhi is released from jail.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Duncan Sisters - Rememb'ring
- Covered Wagon Days - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- Waltz of Long Ago - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- Somewhere in the World - John McCormack