Saturday 23 February 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Sautet and Ruben F Mettler.
America, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 February 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1924!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1924 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Claude Sautet: French director and television producer with a name well-known also as a screenwriter.
- Ruben F Mettler
- Allan McLeod Cormack
- Lejaren Hiller: Composer.
- Ruben Mettler: American electrical engineer, business executive, wrote classified reports on airborne electronic systems; interceptor fire control system patent, married once, two children.
- Allan Cormack: South-African-American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1998).
- Thomas Woodrow Wilson: 28th US President (1913-21), dies.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Duncan Sisters - Rememb'ring
- Covered Wagon Days - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- Waltz of Long Ago - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- Somewhere in the World - John McCormack