Saturday 23 February 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 23, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Sautet and Ruben F Mettler.
America, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 February 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1924!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1924 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Claude Sautet: French director and television producer with a name well-known also as a screenwriter.
- Ruben F Mettler
- Allan McLeod Cormack
- Lejaren Hiller: Composer.
- Ruben Mettler: American electrical engineer, business executive, wrote classified reports on airborne electronic systems; interceptor fire control system patent, married once, two children.
- Allan Cormack: South-African-American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1998).
- Thomas Woodrow Wilson: 28th US President (1913-21), dies.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Rememb'ring - Duncan Sisters
- Covered Wagon Days - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- Waltz of Long Ago - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- Somewhere in the World - John McCormack