Monday 14 January 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 14, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Guy Williams and Jean Danet.
The Morning After, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1924 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Guy Williams: Actor (Zorro, Lost in Space), dies in Argentina at 65.
- Jean Danet: French actor, activist, and gay theorist.
- Guy Williams in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Zorro, Lost in Space).
- Alberto Bertuccelli: Italian soccer player.
- Carole Cook: American actress and singer.
- Arne Garborg: Norwegian playwright (Mannfolk), dies at 72.
- Allies direct Fiume (Rijeka) in Italy.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sun-Kist Rose - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Dipper Mouth Blues - King Oliver & His Jazz Band