Saturday 14 February 1942, Valentine's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 14, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Bloomberg and Roland Giraud.
The Mad Doctor of Market Street, directed by Joseph H. Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 February 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1942 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Michael Bloomberg: American media mogul and politician.
- Roland Giraud: French film actor and stage comedian.
- Wali Jones
- Thomas Reilly: American politician.
- Andrew Robinson: American actor and director.
- Margaret Wright: chief commissioner (Guide Association).
- Piotr Szczepanik: Polish singer and actor.
- Ricardo Rodríguez: Mexican race car driver (d. 1962).
- Ricardo Rodriguez: Mexican racing driver (d. 1962).
- Mike Bloomberg: American businessman, billionaire and politician, elected the 108th Mayor of New York City on November 6, 2001, succeeding Rudy Giuliani.
- Adnan Bin Saidi: Officer of the Malay Regiment killed in the defense of Singapore (Born 1915).
- Japanese parachutists land near oil center in Palembang, Sumatra.
- Battle of Pasir Panjang contributes to the fall of Singapore.