Thursday 14 February 1946, Valentine's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Green and Tina Aumont in Hollywood.
Tomorrow Is Forever, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The River Road by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It's a Gift.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1946!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1946 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- David Green: English TV / video producer.
- Tina Aumont in Hollywood: California, USA; actress (Master of Love, Casanova).
- Tim Buckley in Washington DC: USA; rocker (Blood, Sweat and Tears - "When I Die").
- Tina Aumont: French actress born in America, the daughter of Maria Montez and Jean-Pierre Aumont.
- Gilbert Colzin: French homicide; strangled his wife 10/25/1986.
- Jan Decleir: Belgian (Flemish) movie and stage actor, who had his first big role in Fons Rademakers' Mira (1971). Since then, he has appeared in countless Flemish and Dutch films and TV productions. He starred in Academy Award winning movies including Karakter and Antonia and the Oscar-nominated social drama Daens. More recently he turned down roles in Stanley Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut (due to commitments to other projects) and the James Bond film The World Is Not Enough. Decleir is also Belgium's national pe
- Gregory Hines: American song-and-dance man, a gifted dancer, who appeared in films and on stage, transforming the world of modern dance.
- Bernard Dowiyogo: Nauru politician President of Nauru (d. 2003)
- The Bank of England is nationalized.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?