Thursday 14 February 1946, Valentine's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 14, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gregory Hines and Tina Aumont.
Breakfast in Hollywood, directed by Harold D. Schuster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 February 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1946!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1946 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Gregory Hines: American song-and-dance man, a gifted dancer, who appeared in films and on stage, transforming the world of modern dance.
- Tina Aumont: French actress born in America, the daughter of Maria Montez and Jean-Pierre Aumont.
- Jan Decleir: Belgian (Flemish) movie and stage actor, who had his first big role in Fons Rademakers' Mira (1971).
- Catherine Arditi
- David Green: English TV / video producer.
- Bernard Dowiyogo: Nauru politician President of Nauru (d. 2003).
- Tina Aumont in Hollywood: California, USA; actress (Master of Love, Casanova).
- Tim Buckley in Washington DC: USA; rocker (Blood, Sweat and Tears - "When I Die").
- Gilbert Colzin: French homicide; strangled his wife 10/25/1986.
- The Bank of England is nationalized.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Day by Day - Frank Sinatra
- Frank Sinatra - Oh! What It Seemed to Be
- Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! - Woody Herman & His Orchestra