Thursday 28 February 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Cook and Lowell Ponte.
Rome, Open City, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The King's General by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It's a Gift.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1946!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1946 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Robert Cook: British politician, Labour Member of Parliament returned at the General Election on 6/11/1987.
- Lowell Ponte: Writer who, as science and technology editor for Reader’s Digest magazine, became the world’s most widely read investigative science reporter.
- Henri Termeer: American general managment specialist and CEO of Genzyme, a biotech manufacturing and marketing company.
- Philip Bailhache: English lawyer and politician.
- Robin Cook: Scottish educator and politician Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (d. 2005).
- Don Francisco: American singer-songwriter
- Combined Chiefs of Staff reveal that the American, Canadian, and British Governments had experimented with building ice ships during 1942-43. The Habbakuk project was to create a two-million-ton ship made of ice and wood pulp, 2000 feet long, 300 feet wide, as a floating aircraft base.
- In Philadelphia, General Electric strikers and police clash.
- British troops withdraw from Iran according to treaty the Soviets do not.
- Ho Chi Minh is elected President of North Vietnam.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?