Wednesday 13 February 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pilar Velázquez and Artur Jorge (footballer).
Tomorrow Is Forever, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It's a Gift.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 February 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 February 1946 ?
- Pilar Velázquez
- Artur Jorge (footballer)
- Richard Blumenthal: American politician 23rd Attorney General of Connecticut.
- Janet Finch: English sociologist and academic.
- Colin Matthews: English composer and educator.
- Jean Weissenbach: French biologist, the current director of the Genoscope.
- Louis Kondos: Greek actor.
- Duchess Misbehaves opens at Adelphi Theater NYC for 5 performances
- The first general-purpose electronic computer, ENIAC is announced to the public in the USA. The 30-ton computer is eighty feet long, eight feet high, and consists of 18,000 vacuum tubes, 70,000 resistors, 10,000 capacitors, and 1500 relays, to provide twenty words of memory. It is programmed by 6000 dials and switches. ENIAC stands for Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer. The project was initiated in 1943, to improve calculations of artillery shell trajectories. It was built at the
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?